Book Reviews

Monday, October 09, 2006

The Tempest

Well this actually isnt the review of the play..,its much too confusing to be written without getting confused...:))....So..,Heres the simple jest of the play...

I loved the Tempest. It was a really good read and the few times that I have seen the play, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The characters are fabulous. You could not get so many completely different characters in the same play, so successfully, if you tried.The characters are loveable and you really feel for them and sympathise with them especially Caliban who you just want to mother like a pet, and Ariel who you can pity in one instance and then get really angry with in the next.
Shakespeare has written the play so accurately and really established the characters so well. His scene with a few of the characters being very drunk was wonderful and made me laugh out loud. All of the performances I have seen have all done this scene differently but have all made me laugh just as much. The story is original and witty and the scenes are all so different. Everyone comes from really seperate backgrounds, wandering around on a lone island, oblivious to the presence of anyone else, and very cleverly all come together at the end. This play, again, is a great read for students. It proves that Shakespeare doesnt have to be boring and educational - it can be much fun.

I love Shakespeare..,What abt u???

Chinnuu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home